1Listen and choose the correct answer.部分翻译
1 Lingling wants to speak to Betty/Mrs King.
玲玲想和贝蒂/金夫人讲话。
2 Betty is in/out.
贝蒂在家/出去了。
3 Betiy's friend/Mrs King's friend works on the Friendship Helpline.
贝蒂的朋友/金夫人的朋友在友谊服务热线工作。
2Number the sentences in the order you hear them.部分翻译
a)I'm sorry,she's not in at the moment.
抱歉,她现在不在。
b)Is that Mrs King?
你是金夫人吗?
c)Could I speak to Betty,please?
请贝蒂接电话好吗?
d) May I have the number?
可以告诉我电话号码吗?
e)Can I take a message?
要我捎口信吗?
f) Thanks so much.
非常感谢。
3Listen and read.部分翻译
Helpline:Hello,Friendship Helpline.Who's calling,please?
服务热线:你好,友谊服务热线。请问您是哪位?
Lingling: Hello.丁his is Lingling speaking.
玲玲:你好,我是玲玲。
He!pline: Hi,Lingling! How can I help you?
服务热线:你好,玲玲!我可以为你做些什么?
Lingling:I have a problem with my best friend. She's called.
玲玲:我和我最好的朋友之间有点问题。她叫……
Helpline: No,don't tell me who she is.Tell me when the problem started.
服务热线:不,不用告诉我她是谁。告诉我问题是什么时候开始的。
Lingling: Yes.Well,we've been friends forfive years.We got separated when we went to different schools last term,but we stayedin touch.
玲玲:好的。嗯,学校,我们做朋友已又5年了。上学期我们去了不同的学校,我们分开了,但是我们保持着联系。
Helpline:So could you explain what happened then?
服务热线:那么你能解释一下后来发生了什么事吗?
Lingling: This term,she came fo study at my school. I was so happy ai first.But she's so different.
玲玲:这学期,她来我的学校学习。开始我很高兴。但是她却很不一样。
Helpline:Can you tell me how she's different?
服务热线:你能告诉我她怎么不一样吗?
Lingling:She doesn't like me to see my other friends.
玲玲:她不喜欢我见我其他的朋友。
Helpline:Could I ask if you've mentioned this to her?
服务热线:我可以问一下你是否向她提及过此事吗?
Lingling:Yes,but she refused to listen.
玲玲:是的,但是她拒绝听。
Helpline:OK.Do you know she treats you like that?
服务热线:好的。你知道她为什么那样对待你吗?
Lingling: No. I don't know.
玲玲:不,我不知道。
Helpline:Maybe she doesn't feel very sure of herself in her new schcol.
服务热线:也许她在新学校里感觉不太自信(herself:她自己)。
Lingling: Maybe.
玲玲:也许吧。
Helpline:Try to find out whether she feels lonely without you. I'm sure she regrets hurting you. So be patient with her and explain to her that she can make friends with your other friends too. Try to introduce her to them.
服务热线:尽量搞清楚没有你她是否感觉孤独。我相信她后悔伤害了你。所以对她要又耐心,向她解释她也能与你的其他朋友交朋友。尽量把她介绍给他们。
Lingling:I see.Ill encourage her to join in more. Thanks.
玲玲:我明白了。我会鼓励她多参加(活动),谢谢。
Helpliner:No problem,Lingling.You're welcome!
服务热线:没什么,玲玲。不必客气!
Everyday English
日常英语
. Who's calling, please?
请问您是哪位?
. This is, . . speaking.
我是……
Now check(√)the true sentences.
现在勾出(√)正确的句子。
1 Lingling called to ask for advice about her schoolwork.
玲玲打电话咨询有关她作业的建议。
2 Lingling and her best friend are now in the same school.
现在玲玲和她最好的朋友在同一所学校。
3 Lingling is happy to see her best friend ai the same school.
玲玲很高兴在同一所学校见到她最好的朋友。
4 Lingling is having a hard time|n the new school.
玲玲在新学校过得不好。
5 Lingling gets help from the helpline.
玲玲获得了服务热线的帮助。
4Complete the passage with the correct form of the...部分翻译
encourage鼓励
herself她自己
introduce介绍
lonely孤独的
patient有耐心的;能忍耐的
regret懊悔;遗憾
separate 使分开;分隔
treat对待;看待
When you get (1) from a friend,it may create problems for your friendship. She may not want you to see your other friends. If this is the case,she probably (2) you like that because she does not feel sure of (3) . Try to find out whether she feels (4) without you. It is natural to feel like that. She probably (5) hurting you. Be (6) with her, (7) her to your other friends and (8) her to join in more.
当你与朋友(1)分开时,可能会给你们的友谊带来问题。她可能不想你见你其他的朋友,如果是这样,她可能像那样(2)对待你,是因为她对(3)自己感到没信心。尽量搞清楚没有你她是否感觉(4)孤独。感觉到那样是很自然的。她很可能(5)后悔伤害了你。对她要(6)有耐心,把她(7)介绍给你其他的朋友,并且(8)鼓励她多参加(活动)。
5Listen and underline the words the speaker stresses.部分翻译
1 Don't tell me who she is.
不用告诉我她是谁。
2 Tell me when the problem started.
告诉我问题是什么时候开始的。
3 Can you tell me how she's different?
你能告诉我她怎么不一样吗?
4 Maybe she doesn't feel very sure of herself in her new school.
也许她在新学校里感觉不太自信。
5 I'll encourage her to join in more.
我会鼓励她多参加(活动)。
6Work in pairs. Talk about your problems with friendship.部分翻译
Student A:You call the helpline to ask for advice on your problems:
学生A:你拨打服务热线,咨询有关你的问题的建议:
·I'm shy and I haven't had many friends.
我很腼腆,我没有很多朋友。
·I had a big fight with my best friend and we don't talk fo each other now.
我和我最好的朋友大吵了一架,现在我们彼此不说话了。
·I have to go to a new school,but I don't want to leave my friends.
我必须去一所新学校,但我不想离开我的朋友们。
Student B:You work on the helpline. Listen to Student A's problems and try to help.
学生B:你在服务热线工作。听学生A的问题并尽力提供帮助。
This is...on the helpline.How can I help you?
我是服务热线的……我可以为你做些什么?
This is...speaking. I have a problem...
我是……我有一个问题……
7Work in pairs. Talk about your problems with friendship.部分翻译
Student A:You call the helpline to ask for advice on your problems:
学生A:你拨打服务热线,咨询有关你的问题的建议:
·I'm shy and I haven't had many friends.
我很腼腆,我没有很多朋友。
·I had a big fight with my best friend and we don't talk fo each other now.
我和我最好的朋友大吵了一架,现在我们彼此不说话了。
·I have to go to a new school,but I don't want to leave my friends.
我必须去一所新学校,但我不想离开我的朋友们。
Student B:You work on the helpline. Listen to Student A's problems and try to help.
学生B:你在服务热线工作。听学生A的问题并尽力提供帮助。
This is...on the helpline.How can I help you?
我是服务热线的……我可以为你做些什么?
This is...speaking. I have a problem...
我是……我有一个问题……
小编推荐:请关注我们微信公众号:mw748219